Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Ukrainian fashion designer Olena Dats'

We are happy to share with you an exclusive interview with one of the best-selling Ukrainian designers abroad - Olena Dats".

FfU: Olena, when did you start your designer career? 

OD: My brand became a part of fashion industry in 2008 when I first took part in Paris Showroom during Paris Fashion week. Then we did our first professional lookbook, got first orders. And I’m happy we still collaborate with our first clients.

FfU: How the idea of creating your first collection emerged?

OD: I created my first collections while being a student, but those collections I've created afterwards are more appealing to my heart.

FfU: Where your collections were shown?

OD: My collections were shown in 2011 and 2013 at the exclusive showroom during Cannes Film Festival. Also, starting 2012 you may admire Olena Dats ‘ collections at showroom in Beverly Hills Fashion Forwards; Haico-Michael Rill Fashion Agency, Germany; MF Showroom Paris; WHO’S NEXT Prêt-à-Porter Paris.

FfU: What kind of fabrics do you use for your collections?

OD: We use only natural materials: silk, wool, mohair, the combination of silk and cotton. Usually I visit Premier Vision Paris to do the selection of fabrics, but we also have our permanent partners that propose to us a lot of exclusive items. We do our designs for the prints on silk. Last season we discovered machine embroidery techniques and it gave me a lot of new ideas.

FfU: Your new collection shown at Ukrainian Fashion Week F/W 2014-15 is very feminine with beautiful embroidery, where is the lace coming from, is it made in Ukraine?

OD: The lace for the collection was bought in Italy at the factory that cooperates with Haute Couture brands, and embroidery was made in Ukraine, this time we used technique chenille and satin stitch.







No comments:

Post a Comment